- Rose Avenue Acoustic Delights is a strictly acoustic concert series with no microphones, electric instruments, or amplification of any kind. Musicians who play here must be comfortable performing completely unplugged.
- With very rare exceptions, I book only musicians whom I’ve seen in a live performance. CDs, MP3s, DVDs, and YouTube videos don’t tell me what I need to know, even if accompanied by enthusiastic reviews by previous audiences and concert hosts. Let me know when you’ll be playing in or near the East Bay, and I’ll do my best to come see you (especially if you comp my ticket ☺). If you’re great and I think you’ll be a good fit, we can talk about setting up a concert date.
- I generally book our concerts at least six months in advance, so if you send an email saying “I’ll be in town next month and would like to set up a date,” the answer will almost always be no. (Unless, of course, I already know you and think you’re wonderful and will do anything possible to get you to play here. Then we’ll find a way.)
- We have a mailing list of more than 500 people, and we’ll do our best to attact the biggest possible audience for your concert. We can seat up to 40 audience members, but we can’t guarantee any minimum number. We expect that you’ll chip in with your own promotional efforts via your own mailing list, website, or social media.
- We’re not a business. Debra and I are just regular people who do everything we can to support live music. All of the money we collect for a concert goes to the musicians, and expenses such as promotion, piano tuning, and food get paid out of our own pockets. We therefore respectfully request that you not treat us like a business. We greatly prefer the personal touch of dealing directly with musicians rather than with agents or managers. If you have a standard contract with a rider, this is probably not the right place for you.
—Mark Schaeffer, email@example.com